How to make the babysitter’s first day go smoothly
Hiring the babysitter for the first time has a mixed filling of worry and excitement. Being a mother you are the only person who knows best for your little one, do take this step with little beforehand preparation and confidence hiring a caregiver. Here we gathered some useful tips for hiring a babysitter for the first time, to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Make sure you hired an experienced babysitter, do double-check it by meeting the babysitter at least once before hiring it for your baby.
- Make sure your little one is in safe hands, for that build wonderful ongoing relationships with the babysitters.
- Make sure you have enough communication with a babysitter that would help her understanding baby’s routines, favorite objects, cups, or toys.
- Make sure that the babysitter is on time and to communicate clearly on when you expect to be back.
- Before leaving your little one alone with babysitter make sure your babysitter gone through the schedule of sleeping, eating. Most important in all the possible medication and what kind of stuff and food is allergic to your baby etc.
- Take extra precaution, provide a list of contact details, she has all phone numbers in case of any emergency.
- Make sure you introduce her to your child before the first day of leaving her alone and give her a nice tour of your house.
- Make sure you discuss the usual and unusual schedule, this will give a clear picture to babysitter regarding the routine and how to develop a smooth relationship with your baby.
- Make sure you reiterating all the responsibilities of babysitter and cross-check to make sure the babysitter is on the same page regarding their duties and what they can and cannot do.
- Leaving your baby alone for the first time is overwhelming but make sure you smile and hug your little one before leaving alone with a babysitter.
- To develop good babysitter bonding with your little one, you can plan a few minutes play activity in your presence to supervise how the babysitters handle and comfortable with your baby.