Hiring babysitter & How to make the first day go smoothly
Hiring babysitters for the first time has a mixed feeling of worry and excitement. Being a mother you are the only person who knows best for your little one, do take this step with little beforehand preparation and confidence hiring a caregiver. Here we gathered some useful tips for hiring a babysitter for the first time, to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Make sure you hired an experienced babysitter, do double-check it by meeting the babysitter at least once before hiring it for your baby.
- Confirm your little one is in safe hands, for that build wonderful ongoing relationships with the babysitters.
- Ensure you have enough communication with a babysitter that would help her understand the baby’s routines, favorite objects, cups, or toys.
- Verify that the babysitter is on time and to communicate clearly when you expect to be back.
- Before leaving your little one alone with a babysitter make sure your babysitter gone through the schedule of sleeping, eating. Most important in all the possible medication and what kind of stuff and food is allergic to your baby etc.
- Take extra precaution, provide a list of contact details, she has all phone numbers in case of any emergency.
- Ensure you introduce her to your child before leaving her alone and give her a nice tour of your house.
- Make certain you discuss the usual and unusual schedule, this will give a clear picture to the babysitter regarding the routine.
- Verify all the responsibilities of the babysitter and cross-check (if house cleaning or rather cleaning services and laundry are needed, make sure to discuss it with the babysitter or service provider) to make sure the babysitter is on the same page regarding their duties and what they can and cannot do.
- Leaving your baby alone for the first time is overwhelming, make sure you smile and hug your little one before leaving.
- To develop good babysitter bonding with your little one, you can plan a few minutes of play activity in your presence to supervise how the babysitters handle and comfortable with your baby.