Cleaning your home involves many dusty uncertainties and scary-looking dark pits that you don’t want to touch. However, cleaning does not have to be a hassle!
To ensure that you are doing it more effectively and not more laboriously, follow this step-by-step house cleaning checklist. We laid out the chores for each room, so you won’t forget a spot.
This step-by-step house cleaning checklist will help you remember the tasks of keeping a home clean; you can even use it with your house cleaning service. If things are on the list that you find challenging, you can call a professional to take up the tasks you don’t have time for.
So, let’s start cleaning.
General Step-By-Step House Cleaning Checklist for All Areas
Here is an easy-to-follow cleaning checklist that you may use to sanitize and disinfect your home instantly.
- Wiping the appliances and switches
- Wiping down all countertops and furniture
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping all hard and carpeted floors
- Dusting the ceiling fans, windowsill, cabinets, shelves, and blinds
- Emptying and disinfecting the trash bins
You should accomplish these tasks at least once a week to prevent dust and dirt buildup that could harbour viruses and bacteria.
Cleaning Checklist for the Kitchen
Even though it can be challenging, being on top of your kitchen’s cleanliness on a busy week is crucial to avoiding food poisoning. You can post this kitchen cleaning checklist on your refrigerator as a reminder to maintain everything hygienic and make preparing meals enjoyable.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors
- Wiping the microwave oven and other kitchen appliances
- Cleaning the backsplash
- Cleaning and sanitizing the faucet and sink
- Cleaning the chairs, table, and cupboards
- Dusting of windowsills, baseboards, blinds, and switches
- Emptying the trash and sanitizing the trash bins
Keeping up with these tasks will ensure that you are comfortable working in your kitchen and the food is safe.
Tips to Clean Kitchen Area :
Cleaning Checklist for the Bathroom
Restrooms are bathrooms, and you’ll need to keep them constantly clean to prevent them from becoming filthy. Fortunately, bathrooms are compact and can be kept clean in 30 minutes or less.
- Scrubbing and cleaning the shower area and bathtub
- Cleaning the sink, vanity tops, and faucet
- Dusting of cupboards, windowsills, and blinds
- Wiping the mirrors and glass enclosures
- Cleaning and disinfecting the toilet
- Mopping and disinfecting the bathroom floor
- Emptying and sanitizing the trash bins
Your day begins in the bathroom. It is where you practice plenty of self-care. Therefore, you need to use this checklist to make it a suitable place to relax and do your stuff.
Tips to clean Bathroom :
Cleaning Checklist for the Bedroom
Anxiety and restless sleep are two effects of a cluttered bedroom. This bedroom cleaning checklist will guarantee a good night’s sleep and that you wake up ready to conquer the day.
- Make the bed (every day!)
- Empty the trash bin
- Wiping the switches, lamps, and bedside tables
- Dusting of windowsills, blinds, and baseboards
- Wiping the dresser and mirror
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping the floor
- Changing the bed sheets weekly
Sleep is vital to restoring your energy, so you need to keep it clean with this step-by-step house cleaning checklist.
House Cleaning Checklist for the Living Room
Since you entertain your guests in your living room, keeping it tidy will help everyone feel relaxed and at home. Therefore, you need to keep the living room clean. That is why you must tackle tiny cleaning tasks whenever you have a spare moment. Use this cleaning checklist when tidying up your living room.
- Dusting and vacuuming your couches
- Sweeping the hard floors and vacuuming the carpeted floors
- Removing the smudges on windowpanes and mirrors
- Dusting of the ceiling fans, windowsills, blinds, and baseboards
- Wiping all fixtures and furniture
- Removing the trash
Wrapping It Up!
Now, you are all done! Don’t feel frustrated if you cannot complete this step-by-step home cleaning checklist. You might miss a step or two, but the important thing is you are motivated to keep your house clean.
Do you need professional house cleaning assistance? Urban Care has a range of affordable house cleaning services. Visit the website or download the Urban Care app to book the services now!
Julie is a passionate writer a mother of three kids and a dedicated cleaning enthusiast, eager to share valuable insights and practical tips on maintaining a clean and organized home. With a deep understanding of the challenges of maintaining a tidy living space, Julie has spent years honing its expertise in cleaning methods, organizing techniques, and sustainable practices.